We encourage everyone to reinforce positive lifestyle changes through adventure, support, and peer feedback. To gain the perspective of a child of an alcoholic, check out I’m Just F.I.N.E. Syd’s father was an alcoholic, as was his sister. He says that he has had to recover from many of the same issues that his father, sister, and wife had to battle. The posts in his blog are his opinions and experiences and reflect his own personal recovery.
If you need more guidance on your journey to recovery, we are here to help. On her first day of sobriety, Jean, the founder of Unpickled, starting writing a blog. Before working towards recovery, she drank in private, but she decided to document her recovery publicly for accountability. Her blog grew from there and now serves to encourage others on their path to sober living. Not only does she post her day-to-day experiences, thoughts, and feelings towards sober living, but also the coping mechanisms she uses to stay on the path.
Laugh and Learn: Sober Dating Tips with Sarah and Finn of Leaving CrazyTown
Included are rituals and processes such as meditation, nutrition, yoga, breathwork, dancing, anger-release techniques, EFT, mantras, and relationship-building tools. Her approach to addiction treatment is empowering, holistic, fluid, and unique. She is a fresh and diverse voice that advocates for a different conversation on addiction. Holly believes that sobriety allows us to awaken to our best selves and it is actually our greatest gift.
- Get productivity, intentional living and self-care tips so you can go from “busy” to “present” and show up as your best self in life and business in this weekly newsletter.
- Alcoholic Daze is written and maintained by a blogger who is not only recovering from alcohol herself but also lost her husband to the disease.
- Meet RJ Spain, a House Manager at our West Seattle Men’s Location I grew up in rural Illinois in a middle class family.
- Being farther away from the environment that initially drove an addiction can help individuals avoid relapse.
You could be exploring living a more sober lifestyle for various reasons and some days it’s definitely easier than others to choose to have a drink or not. Whatever your personal reasons for being sober curious, we want to help you along the way. Earlier this year we shared a post exploring the Sober Curious Movement.
What are the Rules and Regulations of Sober Living Homes?
To remain a resident, one must comply with house rules, including maintaining abstinence, covering rent and other living fees, participating in chores and attending all house meetings. Returning to the world after addiction treatment can feel destabilizing, and it may seem difficult to stick to the routines, tools, and guidance you learned while receiving treatment. New expectations, responsibilities, and relationships can add to the burden of confusion, and suddenly, sober living blog the significance of the progress that you’ve made seems to lose its meaning. Creating a more smooth transition is the top priority of a sober housing facility. One of the primary goals of a sober housing community is to help its residents develop personal and collective responsibility, without using substances to cope. Creating healthy habits and sober routines can help you maintain a balanced lifestyle and build trust and self-confidence after treatment.
New Method Wellness About – New Method Wellness’ Living Sober Blog provides encouragement and understanding for anyone who has a substance abuse addiction. Stigma and shame became less powerful [in sober living], and the group looked out for each https://ecosoberhouse.com/ other. Meet RJ Spain, a House Manager at our West Seattle Men’s Location I grew up in rural Illinois in a middle class family. I started using drugs and alcohol at the age of 16 which eventually took me down a dark path of self-centeredness.
Sober Mommies Blog
Without a doubt, we can all agree with a mission like that they hold a firm place on the list of the top 25 recovery bloggers. The Sobriety Collective features Recovery Profiles, Sober Stock, and a number of entertaining and interesting articles written by Laura on all subjects grounded in her personal recovery and her mental health. Her Link Love section contains some of the best resources in finding other sober writers, non-profits, activists, and other mental health and recovery websites. Residents related the impact of trauma and how it shaped their journey into addiction.
- White knuckle sobriety is the struggle to stay sober without professional treatment assistance.
- A hangover Free LifeAbout – Waking up to the sobering reality that booze is the problem not the solution.Female, mid 40’s, living in the UK.
- She is an advocate for women in sobriety and believes that “sobriety is self-love.” Her articles are always personal, but they offer a wide variety of useful tips on how to live a sober life.
- In the â€™40s and â€™50s, California began to dismantle its custodial care systems (e.g., local jails and state psychiatric hospitals), creating an even greater need for sober living houses.
- On her first day of sobriety, Jean, the founder of Unpickled, starting writing a blog.
In this post, we will explore the benefits of a sober living community, what to expect from sober living requirements, and how changing your environment can radically improve your path to recovery. Our home lives have a big influence on our well-being and mental health. In the early stages of addiction recovery, it isn’t uncommon for those starting their recovery journey to discover their current living environment is creating a roadblock. They may find themselves surrounded by distractions, stressors, and temptations that can trigger a relapse. In the â€™40s and â€™50s, California began to dismantle its custodial care systems (e.g., local jails and state psychiatric hospitals), creating an even greater need for sober living houses.