It’s a question I hear a lot.
Usually either after an event or someone who’s followed my story for a while and knows that I spent 5 years struggling before I got full-time and at one point was homeless, living out of my little red Honda Civic.
“Matt, how does it feel to have ‘made it’?”
Well, first off, I don’t feel like I’ve ‘made it’ because I feel like I still have so much farther to go.
But in general, it’s about like I figured it would be.
- Freedom is freaking awesome.
- Sure there are leadership issues.
- Sure I’ve had plenty of ups and downs.
- Sure you have bigger challenges when you take on a major leadership role.
I’m human so I’ll admit that, after a decade of being a millionaire, sometimes I take it for granted. But thankfully I’m pretty good at reminding myself how good I have it and I kick myself in the ass for bitching.
All I have to do is bring myself back to the 20 year old kid who was so broke I couldn’t afford a $3 meal on a road trip and had to go hungry because I had just enough to pay for gas.
- I can remember taking most of my valuable possessions, which weren’t much, and selling them at the pawn shop so I could pay for a training event.
- I can remember maxing out multiple credit cards trying to make my network marketing business work and then not being able to pay them off.
- I can remember getting an arrest warrant in the mail because I didn’t have the money to pay for my speeding ticket.
- I can remember bathing in gas station bathrooms for two months while I lived out of my car.
- I can remember buying the cheapest loaf of bread I could find and that was my food for two days.
And I could go on and on…
Having been through the lowest of lows, to achieving the pinnacle of success in network marketing gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
- To know that my children get to attend one of the most expensive private schools in America feels amazing.
- To be able to have traveled to over 80 countries and see the world at a level that most can’t even imagine is a dream.
- To just have the freedom to not have to worry about making rent, car payments and bills is so freeing.
- Not having to fight traffic to and from work and just having the freedom to LIVE is an incredible blessing.
Being blessed to have lived so many years as a top earner after being such a failure is probably why I’m so passionate as a trainer… knowing how incredibly fulfilling this kind of life is, has me want to live my life experiencing the joy and significance of helping others achieve the same lifestyle.
I hope my story gives you hope because I know what it feels like to wonder if you’ll ever make it.
I know what it feels like to want to quit.
I know what it feels like to feel like you’re letting people down and proving the naysayers right.
But listen – you can do this.
If one man or woman deserves a dream lifestyle, so do you…
If you’re willing to work for it.
Remember, the formula for success in Network Marketing is simple.
Your success is simply your effort multiplied by your skill.
“Work hard & get good” and you’ll get there.
Now… if you want to experience a quantum leap in your level of skill, I’ll invite you to join my upcoming 7-Week Video Coaching program. It’s like a miracle growing for “getting good”.
Click here to get the details:
Lots of love,
Top Network Marketing Leader & Speaker
You may also READ our previous blog post about Success Tips from a Top Earner in Network Marketing”.
Want Some Advanced Training on Leadership?
Feel free to hop over to LeadwithMatt.com. I’ve got some strategies there on becoming a powerful leader and recruiting powerful leaders.
Learn How To Overcome Every Major Objection in Network Marketing:
Go to https://www.overcometheobjection.com/register-now for the FREE overcoming objections training.